enjoying the Arnot Forest please observe
1. The following are not permitted:
2. Pets are to be kept under your direct control at all times.
3. The forest is closed during hours of darkness. At each gate be sure to note the time when the gates will be locked.
4. Hunting is allowed by Special Use Permit only. Holders of a Cornell University Hunting Permit must also have applicable New York State licenses, permits, and stamps. All NYS Department of Environmental Conservation laws are applicable and will be obeyed. Other rules in effect are listed in this booklet.
5. Do not block access roads or gates.
6. The picnic tables and trash cans are for public use. Help us keep the forest clean and attractive -please do not litter- use trash cans or carry out whatever you bring in.
7. Please exercise courtesy for others (people cutting wood and using the Arnot for other recreational purposes) and common sense when using the forest.
8. Please note: Daytime public use of Arnot Forest is permitted. Forest gates are closed for the night at dusk, opened at daybreak during the hunting season; 9:00 a.m. the remainder of year. North gate will be closed for all of archery and firearms deer seasons.
Please exercise courtesy
for others and common sense when using the forest.